I don't usually post food and recipes but this one was SO good tonight I thought I would share.
Scallops with herbed raw tomatoes:
1-3 Cloves garlic, smashed
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs ( basil, mist, thyme, dill parsley or cilantro)
(I used parsley and sweet basil)
Salt and pepper to taste
24 sea scallops, patted dry ( I didn't have enough scallops so I added shrimp to it)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
4 lemon wedges
1. Rub the inside of a large bowl with the garlic. Add the garlic to the bowl along with the tomatoes and herbs. Season with salt and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high thread the scallops (shrimp too if your are using them) on skewers and brush with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once until firm and slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Remove from skewers and add to the tomato mixture.
3. Add butter to the scallop (and Shrimp) mixture and gently toss until melted. Serve with lemon wedges.
I pared it with fresh asparagus and it was delish!
No comments:
Post a Comment