Monday, July 6, 2009

River 4th of July!

We went to the river for the 4th and had such a great and relaxing time.  Friday we launched the boat about 10 am and get this NO line at the launch ramp!!!  We got out to a sandy beach and day camped.  NO wind!!!  It was so beautiful and peaceful.  

Isn't this first picture a beauty? 

Amy was a little lonesome without a swim partner, but I got in and floated around with her.
Hannah is such a good baby and travels so well.  She loved just playing with the toys and sitting in the water.  She would get mad when you took her out.
Amy showing off her skills!

The next set of pictures are from Saturday.  We launched again about 9:30 am and no line.   We decided not to find a beach and went to the diving cliffs instead.  We anchored there and spend  a good part of the day.  We blew up rafts and floated.  It was SOOOOO relaxing.
Me and Hannah
Daddy and Hannah
Amy
So peaceful......
Rick jumping.  I have him on video on the bigger cliff.  Once I figure out how to post it I will.
Kent diving!
Hannah having a water break.  Doesn't she look sleepy?
Amy ready to jump in again.
Rick heading to the big cliff.
Just before he jumped.  The rest of its on video.

Then we decided to head up to cottonwood and get an ice cream.  
Enjoying some sweet treats.
More sweet treats and I'm not just talking ice cream.

Kent and I decided to launch the boat on the river and watch the fireworks show in front of the Golden Nugget.  Rick didn't want to go so he stayed at the river house with Hannah and Kent, Amy and I ventured off.  It was awesome, so glad we did this.  25 minutes of continuous fireworks and you set your boat radio to their station and listen to the music they had to go along with the show.
Me and Kent.
Amy girl.  She is such a terrific kid.  Just goes along with everything and happy to do it.

Happy 4th of July everyone. 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You got some good pictures! Looks like you all had a great time! And it looks like Amy took that pic of you and Kent - good job Amy! It's a perfect picture!

Tawni716 said...

The lake looks nice! I will have to post the 2 pictures I took! =) Too bad we didn't ever see you guys ... next time ... well that will probably be next year for me! XoXo