Thursday, March 12, 2009

Amy awards/ mom feels like a LOSER

I am so proud of my big girl, unfortunately I wasn't able to be there for her.  Amy received 3 awards at school yesterday.  1st. for knowing all her sight words, 2nd. for knowing sounds and letters and the 3rd. was citizenship.  She has been working hard and finally did it. Anyway, I feel like a total loser mom for not being there to see her.  Miss. Wilber sent home a note that she was getting an award.  However, it was a Wednesday and I am at work.  I was going to ask to leave at 9 to race to the school and I got caught up in payroll and Dr. came in my office and anyway, I forgot.  LOSER, who forgets about their children special event? ME!!  Anyway, her teacher called to make sure I was okay since NOBODY was there for Amy.  Yep, you got it I lost it,  I started crying at work.  I feel like such a bad mother.  Then when I saw her she said she was the only kid who didn't have anyone taking pictures of her.  Yep, that sure makes you feel great, NOT! I'm sure I am not the only parent to miss an award, but it doesn't make the way you feel about it any better.  My children are so important and I want to be around for ALL the special moments in their lives.  WAY TO GO AMY,  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.



No comments: