Saturday, September 13, 2008
I owe, I owe, so back to work I go.....
So this post is a hard one to write, because it means I return to work on Monday. My maternity leave and summer has just flown by. I have enjoyed the bonding time with Hannah especially because I know this is my final baby. It has also been special because I have been able to have additional bonding with my precious Amy. She started kindergarten in July and I have been able to take her to school and pick her up as well as work in her classroom. I never had this opportunity with Rick because I had to work 5 days a week, basically since he was 8 weeks old. Once again I have to leave my most precious and most valuable babies in the care of others. Hannah will go to Lauren's, whom I love and am so fortunate to have and Amy will go to after school care. No matter how much you like who you leave them with its still never easy. I wish I was one of the lucky moms that could stay home and raise my own babies. Keep me and the girls in your thoughts and prayers that we will all survive the first week of work for me. (Don't forget Kent and Ricky they will probably get the worst of my frustration). We will have to hustle in the morning to get everyone where they belong and then the evenings oh I dread the evenings; dinner, dishes, homework, baths and bed, so much for the quality time. That's the part that makes me so sad, no quality time. How can there be when we are away from the home 10 hours a day (between traveling and work itself) I leave at 7 a.m. and I get home at 6 p.m. that leaves only 2 hours for the dinner, dishes homework and bath. We live in a world that money and possessions control our lives and in turn we place our precious cargo with others to raise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck this week. I'm sure you will be fine. I know you are a professional at this by now! You can do it!
I know how it feels I went back last week and even though I am only gone 15 hours a week it is still so hard and everyday I wish I didn't have to go. Good Luck!! Love Ya!
You should have Rachel take family photos for you maybe for Christmas :) And you should get her before she heads to the other coast :)
Post a Comment