Sunday, October 11, 2009

Where has 16 months gone?

Hannah Grace just a few days old. So tiny and sweet.

I just can't believe my baby is 16 months old!! Truly where does the time go? Seems like just yesterday she was born. Now she is walking, talking and becoming a toddler. WHAT MY BABY IS A TODDLER? You see she is my last baby and therefore will carry that title just like I do for the rest of her life. Toddler? What does that mean? It means that she is learning to be independent, that she no longer needs me for every need she has. I am so sad by this. She is going to be like Rick and Amy before you know it. All grown up. So I must cherish every second I have with her and enjoy her every little whim. For she will not be this small for long.
Hannah is talking more and more. Words: Happy, please, baby, ball, momma, dada, Alex Ashley, baba, Hi, bye, ouch, whoa, hot, play, paci, outside. I know there are many more but can't think of them. She loves to sing and play. She LOVES books. She is becoming very mobile. No more bottles (they have been gone for over a week now). She pats her bum when she needs to be changed. She will take you by your finger to her room when she wants to take a nap or go to bed. Loves to snuggle, gives really puckered kisses and wraps her arms tightly around your neck to get a hug!
I love you my sweet baby, Hannah.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a sweet baby girl she is! I was just telling Link that I can't believe she is going to be 2 in 5 months! It's crazy how time flies.

Genn said...

She sure is a cutie!!

Sorry that your 19 yr old has been keepin you up!

I have to admit, I fear those teenage years a bit. My sister and I are two yrs apart, just like my girls. And I remember the crazy times of the teenage years, so I can't imagine what it's like when you are the mom.