Friday, June 12, 2009

Holy cow, 12 month check up!

My baby is 12 months old.  We had her appointment today for shots and check up.  Weight was 21.8 lbs. (60% tile) and height is 29 inches (50% tile).   At Kaiser when they turn 1 they don't have to get naked and weigh on the baby scale.  So they ask you to have them hold on to the sides and stand on the scale like a BIG girl!  Look how cute she is here!  

Now we are in the operatory waiting for Dr. to come in.  Here she is in her diaper waiting for shots and check up.  Kind of sad, she is so happy and has no idea what is about to happen.
So because she is 1 day shy of 12 months old, the dr. said she couldn't give her all of her shots.  She got 2 today and lucky me I get to take her back next week for 2 more shots.  So now for the funny story, after the nurse gave Hannah her shots she put band aids on them, well she did not want the band aid so she ripped it off, now she is bleeding all over me and her.  So the nurse gets another band aid and Hannah rips that one off too.  So I just say forget it and the bleeding stopped so we leave to get my errands done for the party tomorrow.  We run to Costco, where I chatted with people I knew, to the school and Del Taco.  So I am telling Amy the band aid story and Amy without skipping a beat says " so mom is that the band aid Hannah ripped off on your BOOB!"  Why yes it is!  I am wearing a black shirt with a round band aid stuck to my BOOB! Awesome!  The best part is nobody says anything.  Good thing my 6 year old has my back.  Just too bad it was after I ran errands all day.  

1 comment:

Tawni716 said...

Haha ... Love the band-aid story! I would have told you if I saw you! =) She looks so cute on the scale!