Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wow, its March madness

Can you believe we are well into March? 
 Do you feel like the days, weeks and months are getting shorter? 
Remember about 1 year ago, I partially retired? Well, retired no more.
Yep, thats right back to work I go.  The girl I hired to replace me quit.  Her husband was laid off and they decided to send her back to Oregon and he would live with some friends in LA while looking for work.  Anyway, She left 2/22/12.  I started back to work 2/27/12, I told doctor I would work 3 days a week.  So he took it!  Luck for us, Kent's parents offered to watch the girls those days!  Thank you, mom and dad Cozart!!  Without them I am not sure what we would have done.  Daycare is crazy expensive and the girls DID NOT want me to return to work.  However, when they heard they could go to g'mas and g'pas they decided it would be okay.  We have definitely had to adjust to the new schedule.  I just completed my 2nd week and I am off until Tuesday, woot woot!  I forgot how hard it is to have healthy meals 3 times a day when you work. I have to think about the menu even more now.  I want healthy without eating to late at night, so healthy, quick and easy =  Hard to find?  

Kent and I are still living our new lifestyle according to the 17 day diet.  He has been able to maintain his 85 lb weight loss and I have kept off the 65 lbs but really have another 25 lbs to go.  I am looking forward to daylight savings so I can run again at night after work.  It really helps to clear my mind.

We have been busy with a few camping trips to the usually spot of Ocotillo.  We really enjoy that family time with amazing friends! Its so good to get away from the house.  At home you get into your normal routine you forgot to spend quality time with your family. Kids grow so fast!  So by camping we can forget about the worries at home and just enjoy each other.  Great times making amazing memories.

Do you remember when I boiled eggs and forgot about them?  


Well, my cook top has not been the same since.  It burns the bottoms of all my pans.  So two weeks ago we bought a new KitchenAid cooktop and I love it!  It lights without me having to get a flame thrower and my pots and pans are not burning!  


Happy Thursday to you and I will post some pictures of the new cooktop, camping and maybe even some foods we have been eating.

No comments: